This past weekend was the Rose City Yarn Crawl. The yarn crawl involves visiting 18 Portland area shops in 4 days (Thursday-Sunday). I was able to hit a few Thursday and Friday after work, but I hit most of the shops this weekend. My husband came along for the ride on Saturday and we hit 10 shops. I hit the rest on Sunday. You print out a passport to take to all the shops to get stamped. Once your passport is full you turn it in to the last shop you visit and are entered into a prize drawing. Ever since we moved to Portland I have wanted to visit all of these yarn shops, but hadn't made it to most of them. So, the yarn crawl was the perfect opportunity to see all the yarn shops in the area.
I ended up with a good bit of new yarn and fiber.
Clockwise from top to bottom:
- Mountain Colors Hand-painted yarn in the Harmony Sweet Grass colorway
- Debbie Bliss ecobaby in Brown and Denim colorways
- Sweetgeorgia sock yarn in the Boheme colorway
- Madeline Tosh Vintage in Teddy Bear
- Blue Moon Socks that Rock in Aurora Borealis
- Woolgatherings fiber 70% BFL / 30% Seacell
I am super excited about all of these yarns. With the exception of Madeline Tosh I have never knit with any of these brands before so they are all new to me.
This year they even had a tote bag that you could take from shop to shop and pick up a pin for each shop you visit.
I had an awesome time participating in the yarn crawl and can't wait to do it again next year!